6 replies to this topic

#1 vinay

vinay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hello Members,

Let me share my wonderful experience with EVDO. I purchased this device on november from peenya exchange bangalore. I started using in my laptop. It was working fine in that area.
I had openion that, throgh this, internet can be accessed any where in India( As in Tata Indicom). This was my 1st compromise with EVDO:D
My office is located at Basavangudi(South End), Bangalore. Every day i used to waste my time for accessing internet. It was just testing my patience. Some times i was getting the connection, but speed was very very low(compared to peenya). Some one from BSNL told like, tower upgradation is going on in JP nagar.But JP nagar's tower is no where in your above list
Then i moved to Electronic city. Again the same problem. May be much more.But i was receiving my monthly bill without any problem(delay)
i didn't pay any of the bill. I was planning to disconnect and i was thinking like, any how i have deposited 1500 and once my bill reaches to that i would disconnect and then started thinking like, any how i am not using it, let them disconnect.
But finally, i paid total bill of 3000Rs day b4yesterday, eventhough i am not using it from past 2 months(It seems, they had disconnected).
Still i am having a hope that, Electronic city tower might have got upgraded and i wud upgrade my device to 2mps.. Huh
Even after paying the bill, connection is not yet restored(checked yesterday).Called to customer care(toll free number). I got tremendous response.Huh.. i talked to a person called thomas. Talked thrice before ,with some others (may b with him also, i am not sure). As i was getting panic & tensed, he was enjoying it seems. Ofcoz initially i talked in smooth manner.

Okie.. This is my story. Today i will check this again, after going home. If it doesn't work, i will disconnect. If it works, let me upgrade to 2mbps. Do you think, its worth getting the connection again?, How can i rise a complaint against Thomas?,Please give your suggestions & openions.
@ Ashok: expecting reply from you.

Regards
Vinay

#2 ashokjp

ashokjp

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

First of all you cannot simply sit without paying bills, be it any service :rolleyes:
I understand your part. But ever since you render the service, you should pay the bill as it comes, specially with BSNL. Say one month a bill came of Rs. 4000(you are not liable for), you cannot case against bsnl without first paying for it. Once you win the case the amount will be refunded. Not a big mistake, but just an advice to be safe. Else they would mark you as a debit guy and for all the service disruptions you will be blamed.

Regarding the service, first thing it is not available in all parts of the city, but you can very well contact the DGM, WLL to know more about when it will be available in your area. He would have an idea on when it would come up in your area.

If the customer care, then the local exchange is not able to answer your query/resolve your issues, you can submit an online customer grievance registration at
http://mis.bsnl.co.i...t/pgwebregn.asp
On registering this would give you a docket number, with which you can check status.
You can check your grievance status here
http://mis.bsnl.co.i...atusintregn.asp

In my case i have tried this + sent a mail to email ids of pgcells from bsnl. You can find email ids of same from here:
http://karnataka.bsnl.co.in/pg.htm
Make sure you mention your complete details, and make your complaint clear with necessary information and not any irrelevant angry words. Make it short and clear for the officials to read and understand.

First i dint receive any reply, but within a week i got 3 calls from DGM's office and Local Exchange and PG Cell. My issues regarding speed was resolved with them.
The above proceedures i have mentioned is based on how it worked for me.
Please do try it out and post your results.

Regarding maintaining the connection, If you are always moving with your laptop, I suggest you terminate the evdo and take some other data card. BSNL EVDO even though offers good speeds, it is only getting established. If you are looking for a cheaper substitution for your broadband, then BSNL EVDO would be apt.

#3 kartick.siddhartha

kartick.siddhartha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:49 PM

After all the hassles how do u find the speeds of BSNL EVDO? is it worth the money?

#4 ramanmohan

ramanmohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

Is there any possibility of BSNL allowing port forwarding in EVDO so we can start using torrents ?

#5 xoxo

xoxo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

i wud rather suggest you to try Tata-photon or Reliance-netconnect! Bsnl-Evdo sucks, man! :rolleyes:

Is there any possibility of BSNL allowing port forwarding in EVDO so we can start using torrents ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO WAY! even in your wildest dream! sorry 4 breaking your heart! :mellow:

#6 ashokjp

ashokjp

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

i wud rather suggest you to try Tata-photon or Reliance-netconnect! Bsnl-Evdo sucks, man! Posted Image

QUOTE (ramanmohan @ Oct 27 2008, 12:20 PM)Is there any possibility of BSNL allowing port forwarding in EVDO so we can start using torrents ?

NO WAY! even in your wildest dream! sorry 4 breaking your heart! Posted Image

This has changed. Bsnl evdo has improved a lot. Also torrent issue is no more there as bsnl evdo has started providing public ips in most areas (some areas are yet to be covered though).
No need to port forward. Actual that word itself is wrong here. Port Forwarding comes in routers. BSNL Evdo is providing a modem which doesnot have that feauture, instead while connected to the internet, all ports are open to your pc. :rolleyes:

#7 sindhavjay

sindhavjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Hi!

I have evdo from last 15 days, and it gives very low speed with full signal at day time, it stick to 20 to 100 kbps. and at the night time it stick to about maximum 400 kbps.
I have many time contact the customer care, but they didn't reply properly and in answer to my problem they say, "I will forward your problem to the Higher officer",
"It was because of down of the server",
"Because of the up gradation of the tower", and after replying like this nonsense they cut the phone call.

After reading this topic, i submitted my problem to an online customer grievance registration at
http://mis.bsnl.co.i.../pgwebregn.asp.

After 1 day i get the phone call from the customer care, and they asked me about my evdo no, and said that he will try to find out solution of my problem, urgently.

Though there was no any significant increase in my speed, but i was happy that someone has contact me and ask me about my problem.

I am hopeful that my speed problem can resolve in a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users