#1 camvamsi

camvamsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hi guys,

I am using BSNL EVDO since one month.

there is a special offier for EVDO for a monthly rental of 350/- suject to a parent broad band rental of above 499/-(this is applicable in banglaore) - refer bangalore telecom website - under the topic NEW.

i have purchased the EVDO for an amount of 3500/-

this rental is applicable for 12 months scheme. i have opted for 500c+(combo offer and EVDO) so my total monthly rental will fall in 850/- per month all put together.

Coming to the technical aspect of the evdo i have experienced the highest speed of 2252kbps(kilo bits per second) with this peice.

and a lowest speed of 0kbps.

the highest speed i have got during working days(monday to wednesday)

i could able to download movie files from megaupload, sendspace , file factory and Mediafire. but not with rapid share.

for torrent speed i have followed the suggestion of disableding the settings in prefferences and i am getting good speed based on the connectivity.

the speed is pathetic in weekends. it never crossed 144kilo bits per second.

the speed is good in my office but in home its very slow.

rapid share is not allowing to download files due the dynamic ip setup in evdo.

downloading files from orbit downloadmanager will give good speed . but it cannot downloand movie files from any of the upload websites like megaupload, sendspce ect.

so with respect to speed and connectivity what i have understood is that we need to wait till BSNL fully expands its towers so that we get good speed at all nook and corners of india.

any suggestions or requsts are most welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users