Photo

BSNL-EVDO: A Complete Disaster in Patna!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xoxo

xoxo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

Hi pals! just look at the picture above & tell me what do you make of it? this is the way Bsnl -Evdo functions most of the time here in Patna! i live within 1 km range of the tower, i do get the signal in full strength, i have tried do the net in off-pick hrs, like 3-5 am when the so called 'Load' is supposed to be lighter. but the speed remains the same, i mean 11-150 kbps thats all i get! i m so much fed up with this service now that i have decided to give it up as soon as i can. is there anyone else from Patna having the same situation here? any suggestion in this regard is deeply appreciated. Thanks for your time! :rolleyes:

#2 MajorRam

MajorRam

Level 1 Member

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:mOdDiNg mY w550i

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

change ur EVDO place...

try placing in different locations and see r u getting any difference ??

#3 xoxo

xoxo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:58 AM

:mellow: thats a helluva mind blowing speed you are getting Major Saab! i even tried it in bath room, kitchen or on rooftop only to make things worse despite getting full signal(4 bars)! & if you are laughing, please dont, coz its not funny! :rolleyes:

#4 MajorRam

MajorRam

Level 1 Member

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

na i dont think its funny.. i am trying to help u..and this is a open forum..
either u listen to other advice..or shut up ur ***. we are not pro here..

i said tat becoz i had same problem when i took the card, and i solved the issue..

many thanks to ashokjp..

#5 xoxo

xoxo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

na i dont think its funny.. i am trying to help u..and this is a open forum..
either u listen to other advice..or shut up ur ***. we are not pro here..

i said tat becoz i had same problem when i took the card, and i solved the issue..

many thanks to ashokjp..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops! i think i have been mistaken here majorRam! what i meant in my previous post was, no matter how funny it might look doing net in the bath room or in a kitchen, i did it seriously for the sake of the better speed! i mean i left no stone unturned to get the best possible speed( double-checked every corner of my house)! i am really sorry if i offended you in any way! i didnt mean to :peace. :rolleyes:

#6 xoxo

xoxo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:31 AM

Posted Image

Hi pals! just look at the picture above & tell me what do you make of it? this is the way Bsnl -Evdo functions most of the time here in Patna! i live within 1 km range of the tower, i do get the signal in full strength, i have tried do the net in off-pick hrs, like 3-5 am when the so called 'Load' is supposed to be lighter. but the speed remains the same, i mean 11-150 kbps thats all i get! i m so much fed up with this service now that i have decided to give it up as soon as i can. is there anyone else from Patna having the same situation here? any suggestion in this regard is deeply appreciated. Thanks for your time! :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hello folks! i have a good news to share with all you guys here! i think i have figured out why my BSNL-EVDO was running so slow! i met with this guy, a fellow evdo user from my home town on the net a week ago & he suggested me to make a few amendments to the way i do net, such as; replacing the old ZTE software with the new one; placing the EVDO device about 3 meters higher from the floor with the help of USB ext. cable, etc. And believe me folks! it worked like a charm! Now-a-days! my EVDO is racing between 550kbps & 1.7mbps! i am more than happy with the way its functioning now! :mellow: :D :lol:

#7 MajorRam

MajorRam

Level 1 Member

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

placing the EVDO device about 3 meters higher from the floor with the help of USB ext. cable, etc. :rolleyes:  :mellow:  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TAT WAT MEANT WEN I SAID TO CHANGE YOUR EVDO PLACE

#8 gagankapula

gagankapula

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

Well I am from patna, B)
I live at the outskirts of the BSNL coverage area in patna,
getting 3 bars for all the time I've used the device,
speed 1kBps~120kBps:P generally, on an average 20~60 kBps.

Concluding from my experience of 1.5 years of using the device,
There is no logic behind the speed I get, it just depends on the luck...
I sometimes get 100+ in the day hours......and sometimes get 20 at 3 AM.

I am just satisfied that I am getting unlimited internet at cheap price.....B)

The things that I've observed are:
The higher you keep the device, the better it functions.
Keep some metal surface ~8cm near the antenna and it boosts up the connection, if you're not already getting your maximum.
Adding that extra spiral antenna actually decreased my speeds greatly.

#9 Amandeep Singh Sohal

Amandeep Singh Sohal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

well sad speeds ya getting mate, hope they improve >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users