• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KaushikS

KaushikS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

I started using BSNL's EV-DO (before the launch of 3G) a few months ago and although the speed initially was about the same as a dial-up connection, of late it has dropped down to a crawl - average speed is about 15Kbps only with long patches of 0-6Kbps. Using the same modem elsewhere (e.g. in Jaipur last week), I get a more acceptable speeds. Back to Calcutta now it is again incredibly slow.

Does anybody know of a solution? Othrwise I will have to discard this modem and the entire cost will have to be written off. Which is too bad, since I paid it out of my own pocket and no company account

#2 gogoi.manash00

gogoi.manash00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

I live in Sivasagar District (Assam). I have achieved a top speed of 9887byte/sec in a lucky day. This EVDO is nothing but a 2500/- bambo for your ****! It sucks 800 per month and provides a far worse service. I suggest to anyone from my region to use Airtel GPRS (@98 per month with 2GB) with a NOKIA3110C (sufficient) and you will get a 15KB average and ~34kb in between 11am ato 2am. I have owned this a month ago and going to throw it at the end of this monthh because I'm not going to pay for it and if some BSNL guy came with a bill I will put that one in this *******.

#3 chaithupicasso

chaithupicasso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

take a laptop from your friend or relative connect to it and you check speeds in every room..mostly corner areas...check in every room like trial and error method...for this you need to download a file and at the same time you need to check the speeds...i recommend you free download manager to download because normally when you download you may get low speeds...so install free download manager and start searching where you are getting good amount of speed....if the device meter shows you speeds around 800 to 1500 or if it varies around 800kb to 1000+kb it is good speed.,..nearly 1 mbps...ie 124 kb (nearly)

most of the people donno this so they thought 1024KB=1MBPS its wrong 1024kbps=124KB=1MBPS...
HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users